Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Pro-Lifers Fight Dirty

Two big things happened in the past 48 hours. The first was probably the coolest thing ever! On twitter Wednesday night I was popping around and checking out what Sandra Fluke had to say. I had started following her when I joined twitter thinking she would have some awesome stuff to say. (Which I was right)

I always see people tweeting at celebrities and public figures with big followings, asking them to "RT" or Re-Tweet something they have posted. Having absolutely no shame myself, I decided to give it a try with Sandra Fluke. The worse that could happen? She doesn't!

I went back to whatever it is that I was doing on the internet, and wasting my time reading crap that would only piss me off. Then it happened.

Sandra Fluke re-tweeted my little request for a shout out on my tiny little new blog. Then the harassment started. All kinds of crazy pro-lifer's started tweeting at me, following me, and I am sure they started reading this blog and their blood was set on boil. Understandable since many refused to act as civil adults. 

As the tweets continued, the count click on my site went up to over 300. A huge increase. I was lucky if 24 people clicked on my blog in a day, now I had over 300! But the jump didn't come without problems.

I went to bed, and woke up the next morning to a woman asking me for the link to my blog because the original link Sandra Fluke had tweeted out was coming up as an error. I knew that couldn't be right so after I got the last child onto the bus, I logged on to see what the problem was.

Oh, this is where it got good!

My blog had been "reported as spam" by someone. My guess is a pro-lifer who didn't like what I had to say. Because, clearly, there is nothing "spammy" on my site at all. Once I set in an appeal to google and proved that, yes, I am in fact a real person, and not a robot my blog was active once again.

My point is, pro-lifers fight dirty. You don't like what I say, and my beliefs, so you report my website as spam? Is that the best you have?

Reporting me and getting me shut down for a couple hours won't stop my blog. It won't stop the advocacy work I do. It won't stop me from the volunteer work I do. Above all, it will not silence me. You will never silence me and the truth.

Give it your best shot, but you will always lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment